Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Bhutanese Restaurants

I lived in Seoul for a few years and I loved to visit a Nepalese restaurant in Dongdaemun-gu in the city. It is called "Everest" and is off Exit 3 on the Dongdaemun station on the dark blue line. (I have been out of Korea since December 2010 and I still remember that). I have many good memories of Everest. The food was great, I especially loved the aloo gobi-the potato curry and the dal makhani. The place had the best naan I have ever tried. It may have been great Nepalese cuisine, but it was not Bhutanese. Now that I am back in the United States, I haven't been to Asian restaurants often that are not Chinese. My small town as three Chinese restaurants, so I have to go to a city to find other Asian food. I have tried some Indian food in Worcester. I also tried some Burmese food at Yoma restaurant in Boston (it was good). I also had some Korean food in Greenfield and Fitchburg in Massachusetts that was very authentic. I still have yet to visit a Bhutanese restaurant anywhere. New York City is said to have some Bhutanese food. I am not sure what to do, I must keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment